Look Here For The Latest Madass Army and Community News.

Review: POC HMF Exhaust

Detailed rider reviews of specific MadAss OEM and after-market parts and/or products.

Moderators: Greg, MilwaukeeMadass, MadMaster

What is your overall rating for this product?

Excellent: Above and beyond!
64%
Good: I got exactly what I wanted.
18%
OK: I got what I wanted but...
18%
Poor: Not quite what I wanted.
No votes
Terrible: I wasted my money!
No votes

Total votes : 11

Review: POC HMF Exhaust

Postby MilwaukeeMadass » 22 Apr 2011 12:22

Please leave your review of the POC HMF exhaust here. Please be sure to include the following:
- Purchased the part from:
- Price Paid:
- Detailed Review:
Raymond - Forum/Website Admin
2010 125 Madass "Hugo Stiglitz" | Graphite | Stage I Kit w/ Asspipe
Bring Back The 50
MilwaukeeMadass
Site Admin

Liked Posts: 125 times
Posts Liked: 116 times

Re: Review: POC HMF Exhaust

Postby Ven0m0uS » 23 Apr 2011 11:41

Delete
Last edited by Ven0m0uS on 23 Jul 2013 12:08, edited 1 time in total.
Ven0m0uS
142cc Stage 3 kit w/ Mikuni VM-26, POC HMF Exhaust, 39t rear sprocket

Ven0m0uS

Liked Posts: 0 time
Posts Liked: 2 times

Postby Greg » 23 Apr 2011 13:35

- Purchased the part from: Pride of Cleveland Scooters
- Price Paid: $329 + $25 Shipping
- Skill Level of Modification/Upgrade: A child could install this
- Would you buy it again: Absolutely

- Detailed Review:
The exhaust sounds great, looks great, and performs great. I would have paid more however if there was an option for a chrome pipe.

There are custom end caps available for this exhaust (two styles, six colors each) at HMF.

Greg

Liked Posts: 122 times
Posts Liked: 152 times

Postby Drewfus » 18 May 2011 17:04

- Purchased the part from: Pride of Cleveland Scooters
- Price Paid: $329.00 + $25.00 shipped
- Detailed Review: Great exhaust! Installed in 15 minutes. Sounds AMAZING!!!!!! Must buy for the Madass.

-Issues: My bike backfires now. i adjusted the carb with no result. I'm guessing I need the tune-up kit (stage 3) for max performance. For now, the flames out of the exhaust add a nice effect at night.
-Overall: Would buy again!

Drewfus
Recruit

Liked Posts: 2 times
Posts Liked: 0 time

Postby NYmadass » 20 Jun 2011 22:59

So i've had my new POC exhaust sitting here for 3 months while I waited for my stage 1 kit to arrive, and it finally got here today. Now that I have the tune up kit in hand, I went ahead and installed the POC exhaust and took it for a test run (without stage 1 installed). Man what a difference! Besides the awesome new sound it has... I gained a couple of miles an hour in each gear, and it seems a lot easier to get there. Because I am still using the stock jets and the stock air box (not adjusting carb ratio till their in), I am getting a slight bit of backfiring and more popping than there had been on deceleration (which I kinda like). I hit about 60mph, but didn't have it completely pinned (with a 39T rear). The bike got way more attention (looks) today, and it seemed like cars in my immediate vicinity had an easier time noticing me. I am very happy with the purchase of the POC exhaust, and would definitely recommend it to anyone that is considering it for their bike. I can't wait to see the final gain achieved after the (stage 1) kit is installed... should be niccceee! ;)

Drewfus wrote:- Purchased the part from: Pride of Cleveland Scooters
- Price Paid: $329.00 + $25.00 shipped
- Detailed Review: Great exhaust! Installed in 15 minutes. Sounds AMAZING!!!!!! Must buy for the Madass.

Same place and price as Drefus, but it took me a little longer than 15 minutes to install.
Rob

2010 Graphite Madass 125 - POC HMF exhaust, Stage 1 performance kit, 16T front, 39T rear sprockets, Koso digital speedo with tach and oil temp sensor, offset mirror risers, 1/4 turn Billet Alum throttle, Renthal R1 chain... more to come!
NYmadass

Liked Posts: 31 times
Posts Liked: 5 times

Postby Rockafella » 21 Jun 2011 13:50

Mine came installed on the used bike I bought. This is my second POC HMF exhaust though, I had one on a Bajaj Lengend. Love both of them. Great sound and performance. I am going to install the stage 1 kit today, I will write back after I experience that difference with the pipe. Then on to the stage 2 kit.
Rockafella
Fanatic

Posts Liked: 11 times

Postby Rockafella » 23 Jun 2011 17:30

Installed the Stage 1 kit today, took about an hour including test ride. Sounds bitchin' I love the intake sound, seems to make the exhaust louder too, much deeper tone.

Performance wise it's tough to say, I haven't topped it out yet to see if there is any top speed gain, but the low end seems stronger and it seems to be jetted perfectly for this POC pipe, not as much back firing and popping as before. I didn't adjust the carb at all, except for the idle just a tad.

So far I love it!

After I get back from vacation next week it's on to stage 2!

Oh and if you order this kit, go ahead and order some UNI filter oil and cleaner, because as posted in a few other threads, this filter ships dry!

Rating:7.69%

Rockafella
Fanatic

Posts Liked: 11 times

Postby NYmadass » 28 Jun 2011 08:46

Went for a ride on Sunday with a group of about 10 guys... got comments from every one of them regarding the sound. The general consensus is that it sounds like a Ducati. A couple of them were so impressed, that they are looking at getting an HMF exhausts for their bikes too. Definitely made a good choice getting this one!
Rob

2010 Graphite Madass 125 - POC HMF exhaust, Stage 1 performance kit, 16T front, 39T rear sprockets, Koso digital speedo with tach and oil temp sensor, offset mirror risers, 1/4 turn Billet Alum throttle, Renthal R1 chain... more to come!
NYmadass

Liked Posts: 31 times
Posts Liked: 5 times

Postby PhilTrill » 02 Sep 2011 22:25

Is the muffler a straight through design?
'06 MadAss 50
-Zongshen 125cc Electric Start
-Gutted 50cc Exhaust :\
-LED stuffs
Other 2 wheeled vehicles: '92 KX80, '89 YZ125, '89 CR250R
4 wheeled vehicles: '02 M3, '93 M3, '89 240SX (RB25 Power), '87 Suzuki LT250R (Honda CM450 Power)
PhilTrill
Fanatic

Liked Posts: 10 times
Posts Liked: 6 times

Postby BLACKisBAD » 02 Sep 2011 22:36

Pretty sure it is.
BLACKisBAD
MadMaster

Liked Posts: 1 time
Posts Liked: 43 times

Postby marc1tc » 16 Sep 2012 10:36

POC will never get any of my money!!! I called about the POC HMF exhaust and was told that they were no longer selling the exhaust because HMF would not return their phone calls. So I called HMF to see if I could get the exhaust direct and I was told that they were still producing the exhaust for POC. I then proceeded to call POC and tell them that HMF still had told me that they were still making the exhaust for them. Heather from HMF then I think proceeded to call POC to get everything straightened out so that new exhausts could continue to be made. Renee, I thinker name was, was my next call so that I could order one of the exhausts. When I called to place the order I jokingly said do I get a discount for getting everything straightened out between your two companies and the gentleman on the phone said "no, I could care less if we sell the HMF exhausts!" Several days later I talked to Renee and was told it would take about 10 days for the exhausts to be made and delivered and then one would ship out to me. well 10 days came and went so I called to check on my order only to be told that HMF was not returning their phone calls , this had been an ongoing problem and the exhaust was no longer available. If that is the case how come I was able to still continue to contact HMF and was almost able to get a one off exhaust. After all of this CRAP I decided to go with the OORacing dual stainless exhaust and I am very happy with it.
OORacing and Moto Scoot are where I go to satisfy my MadAss needs!
Thanks guys,
Marc

Soon I will post pictures of My MadAss.

marc1tc
Recruit

Postby waukeshamadass » 16 Sep 2012 16:51

Damn that really blows. Sry to hear about your issues. :(
2006 50cc Sachs Madass
88cc Big Bore kit from Motoscoot
Big Bore Exhaust
17/43 Gear Ratio
Mx Handlebars
GP Grips

waukeshamadass

Postby BLACKisBAD » 17 Sep 2012 03:34

Like i said in the other thread it would be a volume issue, i'd be very surprised if making up one would ever happen. When HMF do a run on a model that is not going to be able to be used for any other bike , like what is on the quirky madass it would have to be a worth their while.
BLACKisBAD
MadMaster

Posts Liked: 43 times

Postby ammorri2 » 14 Nov 2012 22:47

Does anyone have any close ups of the POC HMF, I'm curious where it differs(externally) from the stock exhaust.

ammorri2

Posts Liked: 1 time

Return to Parts & Product Reviews