Look Here For The Latest Madass Army and Community News.

mysterious oil leak

Topics and discussions about upgrading, modifying and/or repairing the MadAss.

Moderators: Greg, MilwaukeeMadass, MadMaster

Re: mysterious oil leak

Postby ambrosio » 29 Feb 2012 07:04

Richard,
I didn't explain this well. I want to change the rubber seal and the oil from the motor, but my madass has almost 1000km and according to the manual is now time to change the oil, but I'm still waiting to get the rubber seal from a shop. So if it is possible, This week I'll change the oil from the motor and next week I will change the rubber seal. Can I do this? Or it is better (or only possible) to do both things at the same time?

Another important question: Can I change this seal from the outside or do I have to disassemble the entire shift pedal (and some parts of the motor)? Should I put some glue in the new seal?

Thanks for all the help!

ambrosio

Liked Posts: 2 times
Posts Liked: 2 times

Postby jax ms3gt » 18 May 2012 00:06

Thread Revival...
So I also have a pretty constant oil leak. Mine is coming out of the RIGHT side of CRANKCASE cover. I have read this thread and seems pretty likely that it is OIL SEAL 21421-FYIF3-002 (part 12 in diagram). Where is the best place to order with fast shipping? I am stationed in Guam and my MadAss is my daily driver...
Thanks a bunch

http://www.cobrasales.com/parts/fym/2010%20Peirspeed-Sachs%20MadAss%20125%20-%20Parts%20Manual.htm
E06- Crankcase Cover Diagram

jax ms3gt

Liked Posts: 2 times
Posts Liked: 0 time

Postby RichardMA125 » 23 May 2012 00:39

jax ms3gt wrote:Thread Revival...
So I also have a pretty constant oil leak. Mine is coming out of the RIGHT side of CRANKCASE cover. I have read this thread and seems pretty likely that it is OIL SEAL 21421-FYIF3-002 (part 12 in diagram). Where is the best place to order with fast shipping? I am stationed in Guam and my MadAss is my daily driver...
Thanks a bunch

http://www.cobrasales.com/parts/fym/2010%20Peirspeed-Sachs%20MadAss%20125%20-%20Parts%20Manual.htm
E06- Crankcase Cover Diagram

Go to your local Honda dealer and ask for 91201-035-010

Rating:7.69%

RichardMA125
Supporter

Liked Posts: 1 time
Posts Liked: 7 times

Postby Stimpson » 31 Jul 2012 20:51

Greg wrote:This is a sixty second repair. When you pull the clutch cover off, right in the center you will see an adjusting screw and nut. That screw is screwed into the brass control plate. Behind that plate is the oil seal. Depending on the lighting where you are working, one of those flashlights on a headband can be helpful here. You don't need to remove anything else to get to the seal. Just look behind the control plate. If the seal is not flush with the engine, then take something like a flat screwdriver and carefully press it back in. Put the clutch cover and it's gasket back on and you are good to go.

Thanks Greg mystery solved :text-goodpost:
Stimpson

Liked Posts: 4 times
Posts Liked: 3 times

Postby djkone » 07 Sep 2013 03:34

Hi people, i am having the same left side oil leak on my madass 50, so i have a question: does this same method work on madass 50? by looking on 50's manuals i found that it looks kinda same like the picture that chimpy posted, but i only want to make sure, if it works on 50 too. Sry if this is explained for 50 somewhere, but i didn't find any information on 50's oil leak. :(

djkone
Recruit

Liked Posts: 0 time

Postby ezero » 02 Nov 2015 01:23

Greg wrote:This evening the second leak islandmadass mentioned, the one on the right side of the bike with oil coming out around the clutch cover, occurred on my bike.

This is a sixty second repair. When you pull the clutch cover off, right in the center you will see an adjusting screw and nut. That screw is screwed into the brass control plate. Behind that plate is the oil seal. Depending on the lighting where you are working, one of those flashlights on a headband can be helpful here. You don't need to remove anything else to get to the seal. Just look behind the control plate. If the seal is not flush with the engine, then take something like a flat screwdriver and carefully press it back in. Put the clutch cover and it's gasket back on and you are good to go.

This occurred on my bike at about 2200 miles.

Wish I could buy you a beer! Greg,

Attached are pictures of the 60 second fix!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ezero

Liked Posts: 0 time

Postby Greg » 04 Nov 2015 11:54

I did ultimately replace this seal. My mechanic at the time grabbed a used one off a random pitbike engine he had laying around, and several thousand miles later it has never popped out. The one that comes with the bike just seems to be of particularly low quality, but I did live with it for quite a while, just pushing it back in when necessary.
Greg

Liked Posts: 122 times
Posts Liked: 152 times

Previous

Return to The Garage: MadAss Mods, Upgrades, and Repairs