Look Here For The Latest Madass Army and Community News.

Any more info on the Asspipe II

Topics and discussions about upgrading, modifying and/or repairing the MadAss.

Moderators: Greg, MilwaukeeMadass, MadMaster

Any more info on the Asspipe II

Postby syvil » 22 Feb 2015 20:43

So I have a stock MadAss 125, I love it, it's fun to ride around the city and people always ask me what kind of bike I'm riding.

I'd like to start doing some upgrades, I've seen a lot of reviews/videos on the original Asspipe but it's been discontinued and seems hard to find. The POC HMF exhaust seems to also be in the same boat. I've heard that OORacing no longer accepts US customers although I'll be emailing them to confirm. So my question is does anyone have the Asspipe 2? Is it worth the $320 (or $420 with header). Should I look into other options for an after market exhaust.

I'm not mechanically inclined but I'm also not a mechanic. If I can bolt it on there's no issues with me installing it myself.

Also any other upgrades going from stock are appreciated.

syvil

Liked Posts: 0 time
Posts Liked: 0 time

Re: Any more info on the Asspipe II

Postby mymadassisbadass » 23 Feb 2015 18:12

Getting away from the stock exhaust is the quickest way to improve power no matter which engine you have, the stock exhaust is fairly restrictive with cat, non-cat pipes with larger diameters are the quickest way to more power. I haven't seen the asspipe II in person, but I think it is overpriced for what it is. You can find several nice exhausts that work great on ebay for under $200 shipped.
2006 MA 50 W/141cc Lifan semi-auto engine & custom exhaust -- Old and Tired --
mymadassisbadass
Contributor

Posts Liked: 42 times

Postby syvil » 24 Feb 2015 10:30

Thanks for your reply, I sent you a PM.

Just in case you don't see it or if someone else can answer. I'm interested in this exhaust: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Stainless-S ... 2a2cd597a8

I see you mentioned it bolts right on to the 50-88cc no modification required. Would this be the same case with the 125 stock or would there need to be some modifications made.

syvil

Postby mymadassisbadass » 24 Feb 2015 11:50

The exhaust pipe inlet size on that drag pipe is 33mm Outside diameter, so if your bike has a standard 34mm exhaust manifold / head it should work fine without modifications. I suggest you measure before you buy. I must note I haven't installed one of these pipes on the latest models that have come out, they fit the older 125's but keep in mind they may have charged the exhaust manifold size on the newer models. Again, measure first and go from there.
mymadassisbadass
Contributor

Postby syvil » 24 Feb 2015 12:15

Thanks I'll measure it later tonight. I have a 2011 125cc if that helps. Does that exhaust bolt to the body well for you? Did you require any extensions?

syvil

Postby syvil » 24 Feb 2015 16:32

I had some time so I was able to take off the front pipe and measure from the outside end to end. I get about 1-1/4'' which gives me about 31.75mm

Any other ways to measure?

Edit: Took another measurement and it looks to be a little more than 1-1/4''. I'll have to see if I can find a mm ruler somewhere.

EDIT2: Ok so one more remeasure, I measured around the pipe and got right at 4'', divided by 3.14 and rounded to 1.27 or 32.258mm if I round to 1.3 that gives me 33.02mm. Would you still think that pipe would fit ok?

syvil

Postby mymadassisbadass » 24 Feb 2015 18:24

Most rulers have a inch side and a centimeter side, you can measure in cm and convert it to mm easily by dividing the measurement by ten. It sounds like you have a standard 34mm exhaust manifold / head, so it should work fine. FYI You may need to buy a new exhaust pipe gasket ring if the original is too worn.
mymadassisbadass
Contributor

Postby syvil » 24 Feb 2015 18:42

Thank you for all your help! I checked out the gasket and it appears to be in good condition however I may buy another one just to be safe. Can you recommend any? I see these on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/1813863002 ... =82&chn=ps

Also one last question about the mount (I promise). Did you have any issues mounting this part to the bike (arrows), were there any brackets/extension/etc required?

syvil

Postby mymadassisbadass » 24 Feb 2015 21:22

The exhaust ring gasket you found on ebay should work fine, the copper ones do seal better IMO. You will need a small 90 degree bracket to attach to the tab on the exhaust pipe then to one of the peg mounting bolts and a few small bolts to fit everything together, they are available from any hardware store.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mymadassisbadass
Contributor

Postby mymadassisbadass » 24 Feb 2015 21:27

BTW I haven't mentioned it yet, but that drag pipe is a lot louder than the stock exhaust is, I hope you like it loud, cause it will be!
mymadassisbadass
Contributor

Postby syvil » 24 Feb 2015 21:31

Thanks for all your help and responses! I would have spent $300+, I'll be sure to post some pics of everything once I'm done. :bow-blue: :bow-blue: :bow-blue: :bow-blue: :bow-blue:

syvil

Postby syvil » 11 Mar 2015 18:15

Hey there the exhaust came with a bracket but it didn't line up do you have any pictures of how you rigged your up?

Btw you were right this thing is loud! I love it.

syvil

Postby mymadassisbadass » 11 Mar 2015 23:25

I will try to find a picture, my laptop's hard-drive with most of my pictures died, but I might still have one. I'll check tomorrow and post it if I have it. I ran it without a bracket for a time, but it really needs one. My exhaust didn't include a bracket, so I don't know what you're working with, but the local hardware store is your friend, it shouldn't be hard to find a 90 degree bracket that fits and drill a few holes to make it work.
mymadassisbadass
Contributor

Return to The Garage: MadAss Mods, Upgrades, and Repairs