Look Here For The Latest Madass Army and Community News.

Help i don't know what to do!!!!

Topics and discussions about upgrading, modifying and/or repairing the MadAss.

Moderators: Greg, MilwaukeeMadass, MadMaster

Help i don't know what to do!!!!

Postby Sachs Guy » 16 Aug 2013 03:09

hey i'am new. So my MA while riding or its just idling will be running just fine then it will start to cut out. at first i thought there may have been some dirt in the carb so i took of the carb and cleaned it and put on brand new fuel line and a filter. well i put it back on the next day and it was still doing it. then i thought that the carb may have been running lean and the spark plug got fouled up and the spark wasn't making it to the center electrode but i pulled it out and it was clean. i have no other ideas what it could be. please help :bow-blue:
here's a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h67IuW2c ... e=youtu.be
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Sachs Guy on 16 Aug 2013 16:49, edited 1 time in total.
Sachs Guy
Recruit

Liked Posts: 0 time
Posts Liked: 0 time

Re: Help i don't know what to do!!!!

Postby Sachs Guy » 16 Aug 2013 16:48

Sachs Guy
Recruit

Posts Liked: 0 time

Postby atletasp » 09 Aug 2014 08:31

Inspect petcock for clogging

atletasp

Posts Liked: 1 time

Postby mymadassisbadass » 14 Aug 2014 11:43

Sachs Guy wrote:hey i'am new. So my MA while riding or its just idling will be running just fine then it will start to cut out. at first i thought there may have been some dirt in the carb so i took of the carb and cleaned it and put on brand new fuel line and a filter. well i put it back on the next day and it was still doing it. then i thought that the carb may have been running lean and the spark plug got fouled up and the spark wasn't making it to the center electrode but i pulled it out and it was clean. i have no other ideas what it could be. please help :bow-blue:
here's a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h67IuW2c ... e=youtu.be

The fuel tank strainer inside the petcock could be dirty, or clogged up as atletasp suggested, or another possibility is; you may have gotten some bad fuel. Your fuel line is a little long, I would shorten it a little it personally, remember the Madass doesn't have a fuel filter, it relies on gravity to get the fuel to the carb. It can choke out the engine if it starves for fuel.
2006 MA 50 W/141cc Lifan semi-auto engine & custom exhaust -- Old and Tired --
mymadassisbadass
Contributor

Posts Liked: 42 times

Postby BLACKisBAD » 14 Aug 2014 18:46

That was a grave dig , it's a year old and the o.p hasn't been on since December last year.
BLACKisBAD
MadMaster

Liked Posts: 1 time
Posts Liked: 43 times

Return to The Garage: MadAss Mods, Upgrades, and Repairs